Good organization is a key to success in business, and effective time management is a huge part of that.
I’ve been working on improving my time management skills. I wouldn’t expect anyone else to want to reproduce my efforts; it seems that everyone needs to develop their own methods. However I will tell you about how I conduct business here, because I feel like writing about it today. This is my blog for writing whatever I want to share, regarding my business.
A very important part of my business is my private collection of links that give me easy access to my online world. I have a collection of html pages that reside in my document directory and exist on my computer and nowhere else. It is like having my own private website. I have a page for frequently used links, such as all my Google links – to Google Reader, Google Insights, Google Docs, AdSense, AdWords, the keyword tool, and all that. Other links on that page are for Twitter utilities, Facebook, Audible, Netflix, and so on.
Next I have a page with links to all of my websites, their admin panels, and cpanels.
After that I have six pages – one for each niche. I list every website I own on one of these six niche pages, along with my collection of important related website resources. Lots of links! Sometimes I include affiliate snippets or other cool bits of code that help me in my work on a particular niche.
Below that I have pages for links to forums I frequent, and social media sites.
This all ends with a page for online utilities.
Because I have six niches I dedicate one day each week to one of the six niches, with one day off for catch-up work or just recreation. This has been the greatest revelation to me. I can work on a niche once each week and forget about it the rest of the week. It is freedomizing! I think I just coined a word!
You know how it helps to write down a list of *everything* that needs to be done so that it won’t weigh on your mind anymore? Well, my one-niche-per-day scheme works the same way. I work on business sites on Monday. I can forget about them the rest of the week.
Dividing my sites into niches helped me identify sites that are under-developed. Each week I check the sites for update needs (most are WordPress; a few are Drupal). Then I decide which ones need new content. Next come promotional activities. There is plenty of work to keep me busy each day.
They say it takes only 21 days to develop a habit. Consistency makes life worth living. Less chaos and confusion, more productivity and contentment!
- Write A Marketing Plan for Your Internet-Based Small Business
- Ten Issues to Consider When Developing a Small Business Philosophy
- Developing Regularity, Habits, and Consistency
- Guard Your Small Business Management Time
- WordPress Blog Installation $100
- When Life Falls Apart – Capitalize On It!
- Why You Need a Niche, Sub-Niches, and Micro-Niches
- What Really Happened When I Left Happy Camp and Moved to Idaho
- A Morning Prayer
- Prayer by Thomas à Kempis – Grow in Faith
- Keeping Prayer in Mind
- Wake Up! Wake Up!
- Evidence of Prayers Answered: Dirt and Friendship
- Live For Today, Don’t Dwell on the Past
- Praise God… How Great Thou Art
- Getting On With the Tour
- Living Where the Wind Blows
- Prayer for Crossing Over in Peace
- She’s a Bulldog
- Getting Rid of Things
- Gather is Having Problems
- Commenting on Writers’ Blogs
- Ever Wanted a Mentor?
- A Story From the Center of the USA
- 100 Classic Books
- Herb Research
- Mentorship Prayers
About MeHi there! I'm Linda Jo Martin, an online entrepreneur, content writer, and novelist... living in a very small town, Happy Camp, in Northern California.
Connect with me at Google Plus!
- Psychic Predictions for This Year and Beyond
- Child Custody Battles and Child Protective Services (CPS)
- "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" - Music, Videos, Words (two versions!)
- End welfare? - What if there was no welfare?
- Vintage Beatles Albums - What Are They Worth?
- Ten Awesome Biographies I Recommend
- Favorite Autobiographies and Memoirs
- Top Ten Gifts For Children Who Love Horses
- Ten Must-Read Classics of Great Literature
- The Tragic Drugging of Foster Children - Are They Being Used as Medical Guinea Pigs?
- Top Ten Horse Movies
- Child Protective Services False Allegations
- How to Keep a Prayer Journal
- Review of a Forgiveness Book
- How to Start a Web Design Business
- Vacuum Cleaner Review... The Boss by Eureka
- My Takamine G Series G340SC Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar... why I bought it and how I love it
- Gifts for Truck Drivers Recommended by a Former Truck Driver
- My Candida Diet - 90 Days to Better Health
- Travel Vicariously with The Amazing Race