An Internet-based small business usually has no physical structure which customers or clients go to for business transactions.
All business is conducted virtually via Internet transfers. Occasionally these businesses evolve into a storefront or public office, but there’s no need for them initially.
Internet-based small businesses are nearly as varied as physical businesses. There are virtual assistants doing secretarial work via the Internet, store owners, affiliate marketers, web programmers, and content writers, for example. All these business owners can conduct all business transactions on the Internet.
Internet-based small businesses often have low startup costs since there is no store or office to pay for. Work can be done from a spare room at home. All that is needed is an Internet connection, reliable computer, a profitable idea, and plenty of time.
Internet-based small businesses are not a “get rich quick” solution for most people. There’s a lot of time and energy expended in putting together a small business no matter whether it is Internet-based or otherwise. Expect to put in extra hours and to do a lot of research to make your business work, just as most other business owners do, especially in the early years of operation.
You’ll need the proper skills to conduct business. Do not advertise that you’ll create websites for local business owners when you don’t have expert HTML and CSS abilities. Don’t offer to type manuscripts for writers when your typing speed is so low it would take an outrageous amount of time. You don’t need to drive yourself crazy by trying to do something you’re not ready to do. Either find a business you can do at your skill level, or spend extra time improving your skills and knowledge so you can be competitive in the Internet market.
Even if you’re not yet sure exactly what you’d like to do, you can benefit from starting work on a marketing plan. By doing research on marketing an Internet business idea, you’ll be likely to discover a unique focus (niche) for your small business inspirations.
Be careful, for there are many Internet scams offering “get rich quick” small business ideas. While it is true that with the Internet you’ll have the opportunity to reach a lot of people, that won’t happen unless you know search engine optimization techniques to reach them. Most people using the Internet to generate income will not get rich, and certainly not “quickly”! There’s a lot of study and work involved. Expect to work on your Internet-based small business for a minimum of one year before it comes close to a living wage that could support you.
Though there’s real work involved, and though riches won’t pour in overnight, an Internet-based small business startup could be the beginning of freedom and the end of stress. Your new small business could provide a helpful part-time income, could free you from your wage slavery in someone else’s business, and may even provide a steady income to support you and your family while you travel the world!
- Write A Marketing Plan for Your Internet-Based Small Business
- Ten Issues to Consider When Developing a Small Business Philosophy
- When Life Falls Apart – Capitalize On It!
- Get a Squidoo Page for Your Business or Organization
- Developing Regularity, Habits, and Consistency
- WordPress Blog Installation $100
- Guard Your Small Business Management Time
- Goodreads For Book Marketing
- Where to buy River Girl
- Klamath River Novel Writing
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- River Girl is Now at the Marble Mountain Gift Co. in Happy Camp
- River Girl, published June 2, 2012
- Help Make Squatching USA Happen!
- Published! River Girl is Now Available Online
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- Bigfoot Research With Love
- It Has Been Proven That We’re All Psychic, and This Can Be Applied to Bigfoot Research
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Media Center
- A Small Press Marketing Blog
- The First River Girl Proof Arrived!
- River Girl is Coming Soon!
About MeHi there! I'm Linda Jo Martin, an online entrepreneur, content writer, and novelist... living in a very small town, Happy Camp, in Northern California.
Connect with me at Google Plus!
- Psychic Predictions for 2013 and Beyond
- Top Ten Electronic Gadgets - 2013
- Comet Watch News - Get Your Telescopes Ready - PanSTARRS and Comet Ison are Coming! 2013
- Writing Blogs (Blogs belonging to writers, book reviewers, and literary agents)
- Blog Creation - How to Blog Like an Expert
- Websites For Writers
- How To Create An Impressive Writing Website
- Content Writing Tips
- Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet - My Experience
- Top Ten Survival Books for 2013
- Top Ten Best-Selling Surfboards
- Top Ten Best-Selling Biographies
- Top Ten Horse Movies
- Ten Must-Read Classics of Great Literature
- Vintage Beatles Albums - What Are They Worth?
- Extinction of the Human Race - Is Human Extinction Possible?
- Vegetable Weight Loss Soup
- John Titor - Time Traveler Photos
- Top Ten Telephones
- Top Ten Gifts for Truck Drivers