Privacy… is a wonderful thing.
You are reading this at a site owned by LJ Martin Web – a web-based content writing business that cares about your privacy.
LJ Martin Web does not collect or maintain any information about how you use our websites. We don’t track how you as an individual use our websites, or who you are, and we don’t offer that kind of information to others. There is one exception to this rule. If you leave a comment here, the software we use (WordPress) will collect your IP number. Normally we never look at that or use it for any reason. You’re also asked to leave your email address, however that would not be used unless you request an answer via email. The IP numbers and email addresses are not displayed to the public.
LJ Martin Web, like most websites, will place a cookie on your computer. It is done automatically by WordPress and is not in my control. It supposedly helps you by tracking things like which messages you’ve already read, so you won’t be prompted to re-read them. (This is particularly important for people using message boards.) If, however, it bothers you to have a cookie placed on your computer you’re able to delete them using the options function of your browser.
Advertisers on this site may collect information about people who click on their ads. For example, they may leave a cookie on your computer to track what other ads you click on. If this bothers you then delete your cookies using the options function in your browser.
Here’s information on how to delete cookies.
Google is now using something called a DoubleClick DART cookie. This tracks your interests by tracking what pages you visit on the internet. The intent is to display advertising that matches your interests. More information and opt-out here.
You can opt-out of Google’s cookie-based advertising (based on your preferences) and a lot of similar cookies served by other advertising networks by visiting this Opt-Out page at the Networked Advertising Initiative.
Advertisers may also use a web beacon to track the number of times their ads are displayed. A web beacon is simply a transparent image file. They can count the number of times it is displayed by looking at their own stats. This in no way identifies you personally as a user of this site. By the way, this is done on almost every site with advertising, not just this one.
Though we at LJ Martin Web don’t track individuals on our websites, we do check statistics as a whole that tell us things like how many people came here, what search engine terms they used to find us, what sites they came from, and what kind of browsers they use. You can learn more about our statistics program and what it tells us about here: AW Stats. These statistics do not identify you as an individual nor would we care to know that information as it has no bearing on what we’re trying to do here.
The only times your private information (including IP number) would be recorded by this site:
#1 – Comments – You might chose to give us that information by leaving a comment on this site with your name, email address, and optional website URL. If you do that, well, thank-you! Your comments are cherished!
#2 – Email – You can email us. Send that to linda at ljmartinweb.com. We love to get feedback!
#3 – Message Boards – If this site has a message board, you might register. That would be so cool! We love to make new friends. Do not feel you must reveal your true name on our message boards. We don’t require that.
#4 – Update Emails Via Feedburner – You might register for our update emails via Feedburner. Feedburner (owned by Google) does maintain a list of email addresses of people requesting our emails that go out every time a site is updated. That list is available to us, but in all honesty, we don’t use it for anything, and won’t be sharing your email with anyone. That list is never taken out of Feedburner for any purpose by LJ Martin Web. If you decide you no longer want to be on that update list, you’ll find a link at the bottom of every email that you can use to unsubscribe.
Regarding purchases… LJ Martin Web doesn’t sell anything directly. All purchases are funneled through affiliate programs like AllPosters.Com, the Google Affiliate Network, and Barnes & Noble. They will collect your name, address, and billing information. We here at LJ Martin Web will never see it or handle it. All shipping is done by the affiliate programs while we get the joy of writing about products we love and want to share with our site visitors. Read more about how we do business on our Compensation Disclosure.
If you are under 18 years of age you are not authorized to leave any personal information about yourself on this website unless you have your parent or guardian write to us permitting you do do so. Permission requests can be sent to linda at ljmartinweb.com. Should we receive such a permission request we’ll respond with a form that can be printed, notarized, and mailed back to us.
If you leave information and do not inform us that you are under the age of 18, we will give you the exact same privacy rights as anyone else we expect to be an adult. If, however, we believe you’re under 18 and we have no printed permission on file from your parent or guardian, we’ll be forced to delete your comments, message board registration, etc.. Sorry about that, but this is a strange world we live in and some of the laws concerning minors are a bit restrictive.
- Write A Marketing Plan for Your Internet-Based Small Business
- Ten Issues to Consider When Developing a Small Business Philosophy
- When Life Falls Apart – Capitalize On It!
- Get a Squidoo Page for Your Business or Organization
- Developing Regularity, Habits, and Consistency
- WordPress Blog Installation $100
- Guard Your Small Business Management Time
- She’s a Bulldog
- Getting Rid of Things
- Gather is Having Problems
- Commenting on Writers’ Blogs
- Ever Wanted a Mentor?
- A Story From the Center of the USA
- Yreka – Siskiyou County Gold Town
- 100 Classic Books
- Herb Research
- Mentorship Prayers
- A Cool Thing About Goodreads
- The Ghost Tour: It Isn’t All About Ghosts
- Swimming Hole Writing
- Swimming Hole Season Is Nearly Here in Happy Camp, California
- The Klamath River Highway, Northern California Highway 96
- Goodreads For Book Marketing
- Four Reasons for Being Too Busy
- What’s Under the Hills? — A View of the Klamath-Siskiyou Mountains
- The Ghost Tour – A Virtual Tour of California
- Cougar Falls, 10-Mile Bridge, Elk Creek Road, Happy Camp, California
About MeHi there! I'm Linda Jo Martin, an online entrepreneur, content writer, and novelist... living in a very small town, Happy Camp, in Northern California.
Connect with me at Google Plus!
- Psychic Predictions for 2013 and Beyond
- Top Ten Electronic Gadgets - 2013
- Comet Watch News - Get Your Telescopes Ready - PanSTARRS and Comet Ison are Coming! 2013
- Writing Blogs (Blogs belonging to writers, book reviewers, and literary agents)
- Blog Creation - How to Blog Like an Expert
- Websites For Writers
- How To Create An Impressive Writing Website
- Content Writing Tips
- Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet - My Experience
- Top Ten Survival Books for 2013
- Top Ten Best-Selling Surfboards
- Top Ten Best-Selling Biographies
- Top Ten Horse Movies
- Ten Must-Read Classics of Great Literature
- Vintage Beatles Albums - What Are They Worth?
- Extinction of the Human Race - Is Human Extinction Possible?
- Vegetable Weight Loss Soup
- John Titor - Time Traveler Photos
- Top Ten Telephones
- Top Ten Gifts for Truck Drivers